The following list contains several essential items that can prove invaluable in a situation requiring first aid.
1. Sterile gauze, absorbent pads, and roll bandages – used to dress and protect wounds.
2. Nitrile gloves – to protect against both infection and communicable diseases.
3. Tweezers – useful for removing splinters and other small particles.
4. Antibiotic ointment – for protecting wounds against infection.
5. Saline solution – useful for flushing foreign materials from eyes.
6. Thermometer – used to check for a fever.
7. Aspirin and non-aspirin analgesics – for pain relief.
8. An easy-to-read list of important emergency phone numbers – for situations that require professional assistance.
9. A basic first aid manual – to help navigate and understand emergency procedures.
About the Author: A former law enforcement professional and security expert, Peter Liota has extensive experience and training in a wide range of topics including intelligence analysis, route analysis, and security logistics. Mr. Liota also holds certification in CPR, first aid, and the use of automated external defibrillators.